Who are we?
A VC-backed tech start up located North Shields near Newcastle, UK, with a HQ in San Diego, Ezoic’s team is world-class. The CEO and CCO both have successful track records in tech start-ups and our CTO really is a rocket scientist! Ezoic is a game-changing technology in the online publishing arena- it allows any website owner to use multivariate testing technology to improve their site’s usability and ad income. Ezoic is the only Google AdSense certified partner headquartered in the US and the only technical platform to achieve this certification. We are a relaxed but fast-paced and efficient team. Everything we do is data driven and we are analytical people at heart.
Sales and Customer Support Representative
Who are you?
Someone who is smart, excited to learn and needs to know that their contributions and ideas will make a difference. A natural go-getter who wants to grow with us you are confident in expressing your opinion to really smart technical colleagues and can bridge the gap between product and client. Demonstrating an analytical bent, you are comfortable using data to size-up situations and help publishers understand what it means for them and their site(s). You are quick on the uptake, listen well, and you love to dig into the numbers. A tenacious problem-solver, you are someone for whom challenges excite rather than daunt. In short, you are looking for something other than a regular 9-5 and want to buy into the rough and tumble of a tech start-up. You bring the drive, we’ll bring the opportunity and give you the training you‘ll need.
What does the job entail?
You’ll contact website owners, explain the product and why they need it, bring them in and manage problems as they arise. You'll develop an intimate knowledge of the system, have persistence and focus to onboard new website owners and empathy to reassure them through the testing process. You’ll help them understand the product and tools, with signing up, answering any queries they may have and support them in the early days and weeks using the platform, sometimes outside of office hours.
Specific tasks include:
- Contact website owners via our in-house automated lead generation system.
- Help those you have contacted to understand the product and answer their questions.
- Assist new customers with signup and technical setup.
- Address any customer support issues once using the system.
- Feedback technical issues to technical team for swift resolution.
- Assist the Customer Team with knowledge base articles and contribute to marketing efforts generally.
What skills, knowledge and qualities does Ezoic need from you?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are vital, as is the ability to argue concisely via email.
- Ability to handle and interpret data, often under time pressure is also key.
- Broad awareness of how the internet and websites work is an advantage, as is a knowledge of multivariate testing, online advertising and online publishing. However, full training will be given.
- Being a fast learner is vital to help you acquire the skills you need to succeed at Ezoic.
- Empathic, tenacious, stoical and robust personalities thrive in Ezoic.
- Being fun, full of energy and possessed of an optimistic outlook helps!
Sounds good so far?
A Tech startup is by its nature, an emotional roller coaster. You’ll need to care about our customers, be curious, patient, stoical and hard-working. Above all – you’ll enjoy the challenges, demands, freedoms (and rewards!) that come from working in a fast-growing tech company. It’s hard work – but it’s fun too.
What’s in it for me?
Great pay (good basic with uncapped commission structure), potential for stock options and the chance to get in at the ground floor of a fast growing, VC-backed start-up with an incredible product. More broadly, you’ll learn the online publishing and advertising industry inside and out – it’s a massive industry that is growing year on year. It’s the future!
How to apply:
If you like the sound of us, and think you are what we are looking for, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering email explaining why you want to work with us and why you think you’ll be a good fit.
This post is full-time, based in the North Shields’ office and is open to applicants eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.